SEO, social media and content are all marketing tools that can potentially lead to valuable connections for your business. Your website sits in the center of all your marketing business models with different channels that drive traffic to the website and subsequent profitability.
These channels can be broken down into three categories: earned media (shared media), owned media (content), and paid media (advertising) and each can help with lead generation, subscription building and advertising opportunities.
There are two parts to SEO. On-page SEO which pertains to the relevancy of content and off-page SEO which pertains to the popularity of the page in regards to other web pages.
In order to understand SEO, we must first understand why people are searching. The reasons they search provide an understanding of how to implement an SEO strategy with the goal being to have your website show up in search results.
Overall, SEO has to do with keywords, understanding who is searching for what keywords and what words are relevant to your business. Read our SEO Checklist for Website Credibility.
On-Page SEO Optimization Checklist
- Page Title: Every web page has a title. Are the keywords found in the page title?
- Meta Description: Describes what the page is about and entices a click from browsers.
- URL: Universal Resource Locator or the domain name. Does it make sense to what is being searched?
- H1 Tag: The header tag describes what the page is about.
- Body Content: Is there enough relevant content?
AdWords Keyword Planner Checklist
- Search keywords showing the most interest over time
- Optimize pages with the most popular keywords
- Incorporate years into content to get relevant search results. If the content is not evergreen, which means the content time and date will always be relevant, incorporate dates to keep your content in perspective. This is an important aspect of keeping your web pages updated.
- The trend is showing full question search terms. Are you utilizing this trend?
Off-page SEO Optimization Checklist
- Are valuable links directed to your website? Links = popularity which is a key rank factor.
- Check the Off-page SEO site by using https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/
5 SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- Duplicating Content-All content including titles and text should be unique and optimized.
- Not Enough Content- Use at least 100 words per page in order for the page to rank. The ideal is at least 300 words per page.
- Poor Keyword Usage- Use page-specific keywords, location specific if necessary.
- Poor Links Directed Toward Site- Acquire links from well-established sites with good content resources.
- Lack of legitimate business profiles- Incorporate fresh content sources that include social profiles and make sure the social sites are optimized for all your information.
Social media is optimal in building online communities around your business and also driving traffic to the website or other landing pages.
Social media marketing affects your business in 5 key ways.
- Enhances brand awareness
- Builds client loyalty
- Business development opportunity
- Public Relations Tool
- Drive leads and network connections.
It all starts with great content. Content marketing works in a circular motion. It all begins with good, well-developed content written for a specific audience. That content is then shared with different distribution channels that build the community and grows the brand loyalty, recognition, and credibility. This develops the traffic to your business services which in turn will lead to connections and clients.
No one of these elements is more important than the other. Each depends on one another to rank a page successfully with search engines, drive traffic back to the site and increase conversions. The web page must be fully optimized to rank with search engines. Good, quality content is another key to success, as well as finding the right content distribution for your content.
Do you have more questions about how these tips can affect your business goals? Contact us today!